(post from 5/6/11)It's kinda sort my first Mother's Day!
weird..
To start the wonderful weekend, my wonderful baby daddy bought me flowers! His awesomness is heightened because of the stress that is going on at work:
I work in Higher Education Administration at a large University (the 8th largest school in the US). One of my major tasks, on top of managing 20+ employees and their duties, is to help plan Commencement. It takes the entire year to plan all of the details that go into one day (i.e. vendors, transport, "props", conferrals, diplomas, locations, pre-emptive strikes, website updates, communicating with staff, faculty, and students both digitally and in hard copy, etc). It's a whirlwind of AHHHHH that comes to head in the final two weeks leading up to the actual ceremonies. These flowers blissfully arrived to my office on the Friday of the first week of AHHHHH. My husband is freakin' awesome.
Now as we approach the second week, I am trying to eat as often as possible and stay as stress-less as I can under the circumstances of people not reading/doing what they're supposed to read/do. I love my staff and they are wonderful - I am so blessed to have them! They've been helping me maintain my sanity while picking up on ways they can help prepare everything.
On another note, Commencement also collides with the end of term excitement of final grades, exams, and Summer/Fall registration. Praise God for all of Jesus' little helpers!
No comments:
Post a Comment